On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 11:51 -0800, NoOp wrote:
On 01/20/2012 11:48 AM, NoOp wrote:
On 01/20/2012 06:12 AM, Pedro wrote:

drewjensen wrote

Well, maybe some of it is that we are more then happy to make it dead
simple (one click on a web page) to get them subscribed... they don't
really have to read or understand much of anything. But if you want to
leave..different story - then we say- on your own buddy, or What you
can't read or Man are you stupid.

Maybe make that link in the footer of each email a real unsubscribe URl,
as we do to help get them subscribed, and not just a link to a help
page.

+1

If there are complains from people on getting out (and they obviously
managed to get in), it seems to me that the two processes aren't equally
simple.

Again, why isn't there a simple link to unsubscribe in each messages footer
instead of a link to Instructions on how to unsubscribe? It takes only two
clicks to subscribe and reading a whole page of instructions to unsubscribe.

Try to find this link in the instructions page:
users+unsubscribe(AT)global.libreoffice.org
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/
<quote>
Mailing lists: The user support mailing list address is our main channel
for LibreOffice users needing help with a problem:
before you can post a question. To do that, just send an empty message
(no subject line, no message body) to
users+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org. Instructions will be mailed back
to you immediately (check for new mail, and check your spam/bulk mail
folder just in case). For information about our other mailing lists,
please visit the global mailing list index. For detailed instructions
about unsubscribing from a mailing list, please click here.
</quote>

Clicking 'please click here' links to:

<quote>
Information on how to unsubscribe from a list is sent to you in the
confirmation e-mail, and is also added to the footer of every message
posted. (If you need detailed instructions about unsubscribing from a
mailing list, please click here.)
</quote>

Clicking 'please click here' links to:

Sorry, forgot to add that this is on the instruction page:
<quote>
Send the unsubscription request

list (our user support list), for example, send an e-mail message to
users+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org (if you were subscribed in
you were subscribed in digest mode).
</quote>

Right - and Florian addressed this earlier today.

At one point the email footer did include the unsubscribe URl for
standard subscriptions - but since it didn't unsubcribe those with
digest subscriptions and some complained it was dropped.

However - there is a planned upgrade to the list management software and
with that there will no longer be separate commands for normal /
digest / no-mail options - the one unsubscribe will suffice, so at that
point it, IMO, makes sense to put the actual command URl back into the
mail footer.

//drew