On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 13:57 +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi Florian,

Florian Effenberger wrote (20-01-12 13:28)

in the last few days, we have been receiving numerous requests for
unsubscription from this mailing list.

Sadly, yes.
Sorry that this is causing you extra trouble.

Way over 95% of all unsubscription problems are not related to any
malfunction of our mail system or of spam filters triggering in error.
We can confirm - we've researched each and every case - that nearly all
unsubscription problems simply occur because people do not *READ* the
instructions we give.

Obviously.

I always wonder how it can be possible that someone can send a mail to
XX+subscribe@YY and reply to the confirmation mail, but then is not able

Well, maybe some of it is that we are more then happy to make it dead
simple (one click on a web page) to get them subscribed... they don't
really have to read or understand much of anything. But if you want to
leave..different story - then we say- on your own buddy, or What you
can't read or Man are you stupid.

Maybe make that link in the footer of each email a real unsubscribe URl,
as we do to help get them subscribed, and not just a link to a help
page.

Anyway, just a thought.

//drew

<snip>