Hi :)

To put Windows or pre-existing OS at the top of the boot menu
Launchpad question
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+question/108890

Marc Stewart there

    said
    on 2010-04-30: It's trivial to move
Windows to the top of the GRUB2 menu. Open a terminal and enter:

cd /etc/grub.d

sudo mv 30_os-prober 08_os-prober

sudo update-grub
Grub1 was possibly slightly easier because you just edited a text-file to put the Windows entry
above the Gnu&Linux ones but Grub2 can do more and the code is more modular so it's easier to
update apparently.
Regards fromTom :)