that regards
    certain email from me as "spam".On 01/09/2012 08:21 AM, . wrote:Tom, thanks for all of the
work. In my case the it still
      doesn't work.I think I have an idea what's going wrong. I don't understand
      "styles"and the proper application of them. Below is a line that was
      found atwebsite wherein is a description of how to setup a clickable
      TOC. Thisis the beginning part of the directions the site offers;Apply paragraph styles
(Heading1, etc.) to your heading text
      and set upoutline numbering (ToolsOutline Numbering) to specify
      which paragraphstyles go with what level headings.Maybe the problem of no clickable links in
a TOC for me would
      be solvedif I knew what settings to set ANY of the ToolsOutline
      Numbering"paragraph styles" to?Thanks for the links below but I read most of them on
      Saturday and endedup with same results- nothing.Thank you.On 01/08/2012 03:29 AM, Tom Davies
wrote:Hi :)If the tool-tip pop-up saying "Ctrl-click ..." does not
      appear thenit's not a hyper-link. These hyper-links are best viewed in a
      Pdf of thedocument.File - Export to PdfApparently doing print to file and choosing Pdf or
using
      a virtualprinter-Pdf doesn't work. The export-to-Pdf makes hyper-links
      workwithout needing to press Ctrl while doing the left-click on
      the mouse.In the Pdf you just left-click.In that weird "Structure" line the LS and LE are like
      tags or bracketsaround the part that you want to make clickable. Rough
      equivalents arein wiki-mark-up== sub-heading ==or in htmlbsomething that appears bold/bneeds
something in between the opening and closing tags.
      In wiki andhtml these would do nothing or might even grumble or create
      troubles== == this text wouldn't be a sub-heading because it's
      outside the tagsb/bthis wouldn't be bold because it's
      outside the tags too.I don't understand why the weird structure line doesn't
      use somethinglike wiki-mark-up styled thing that people might be more
      familiar withrather than the dumbed-down thing that just confuses people.
      When ithink about it changing it to a wiki-mark-up would need the
      mark-up tobe very different from normal wiki-mark-up and would probably
      make iteven more confusing to new people while also confusing people
      that havelearned their way around the way that it is now. Perhaps the
      Design Teammight have some good ideas if someone asked them.Have you tried the relevant
chapters in the
      documentation on this wiki?http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/PublicationsThe
Writer's Guide chapters 6, 7 and 12.For the ToC i think the crucial pages are p10 and 11 in
      Chapter 12 ofthe Writer's Guide. I think those 2 pages are probably the
      most usefulbut they are still not completely clear.These wiki's although they are even
shorterhttp://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/Creating_a_Table_of_Contentshttp://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Getting_Started/Creating_a_table_of_contentsAt
 last i found some
screen-shots!http://pinyotae.blogspot.com/2011/12/openofficeorg-libreoffice-make-table-of.htmlI
wish people would update official documentation to get
      it all in oneplace (or a couple of places) rather than creating obscure
      odd pages ofthings that may vanish or never be found. It's fairly easy to
      editwiki's, honest! The blog links to this OOo forum
threadhttp://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7t=4466(which has no
screen-shots). There were a few YouTube
      videos such ashttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8hknb9QwCQbut i haven't watched them and they
seem more interested
      in advanced orclever ways around perceived limitations rather than the
      basic level youand i are on. I'm still trying to work out how to edit an
      entry in theToC so that it's not the same as the heading in the document.Good luck! Regards