Remove me from the distribution list!

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:47 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 12/25/2011 10:08 PM, RobertHeathfield wrote:
I am fairly new to libre office but it seems very strange to me that
there
seems to be little or no help available for simple instructions like how
use the filters on a spreadsheet. For example when you select the
autofilter
for a column why does the filter not filter all instances of a value and
only filter the first one it finds. I guess there must be a setting
somewhere but that doesn't sound very "auto" to me. I obviously need
help.

F1 or Help|LibreOffice Help|'filter' in the search box|filtering;cell
ranges/database ranges:

Filtering Cell Ranges
You can use several filters to filter cell ranges in spreadsheets. A
standard filter uses the options that you specify to filter the data. An
AutoFilter filters data according to a specific value or string. An
advanced filter uses filter criteria from specified cells.
To Apply a Standard Filter to a Cell Range
1. Click in a cell range.
2. Choose Data - Filter - Standard Filter.
3. In the Standard Filter dialog, specify the filter options that you want.
4. Click OK.
The records that match the filter options that you specified are shown.
To Apply an AutoFilter to a Cell Range
1. Click in a cell range or a database range.

If you want to apply multiple AutoFilters to the same sheet, you must
first define database ranges, then apply the AutoFilters to the database
ranges.

2. Choose Data - Filter - AutoFilter.
An arrow button is added to the head of each column in the database range.
3. Click the arrow button in the column that contains the value or
string that you want to set as the filter criteria.
4. Select the value or string that you want to use as the filter criteria.
The records that match the filter criteria that you selected are shown.
To Remove a Filter From a Cell Range
1. Click in a filtered cell range.
2. Choose Data - Filter - Remove Filter.

You can also search for 'AutoFilter' and find instructions there
(applying/subtotals).

Also please see:
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/
click on Documentation:
Getting Started with LibreOffice
 Chapter 5 - Getting Started with Calc (ODT) (PDF)
  Page 34: Filtering which cells are visible
LibreOffice Calc Guide
 Chapter 13 - Calc as a Simple Database
  Page 313-320: Filters

deleted