Hi all:
* I recently saw that LO 3.5.0 beta was available, and installed it.
* I noticed that the installation notes on FileHippo (
http://www.filehippo.com/download_libreoffice/changelog/) included the
following unusual items:
    - With this Beta, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to
install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it.
    - Unopkg.bin crashes during install (may prevent installation on
Windows7 and up).
    - Applications open a console window.
* OK so far.  "Unopkg.bin" did crash during install, and the program does
open an MS-DOS type window.
* I had LO 3.4.4 installed previously, and did not uninstall it prior to
installing 3.5.0 beta.
* Here's my problem.  Let's say I open an existing .odt or .ods file on my
external hard drive (F:), revise it, and then try to save (Ctrl+S) the
revised version.
* A box appears:  "Error saving the document Internet address:  Access to
F:\[name of folder]\[name of subfolder]\[name of odt or ods file] was
denied."  ("OK" button shown).
* If I click the "OK" button once, I hear an alarm sound that means "you've
done something wrong".
* If I click the button a second time, a new box appears:  "Error saving
the document Internet address:  General Error.  General input/output
error."  ("OK" button shown).
* If I click the "OK" button, the box disappears, and the file remains on
the screen.
* If I then choose "Save as" (Ctrl+Shift+S) rather than "Save", and choose
a different destination folder or a different file name, a box appears:
 "The file has been changed since it was opened for editing in LibreOffice.
 Saving your version of the document will overwrite changes made by others.
 Do you want to save anyway?"  ("Save Anyway" and "Cancel" boxes shown).
* If I click "Save Anyway", the revised file does indeed save in its new
location or new name.
* But this is obviously not convenient.  I want to save the revised file in
its original location and name, as per normal.
* Any suggestions for overcoming this?
* I realize that this is a Beta, and that a stable version will come along
in due course to replace it, but still ...

Thanks,
Steve Anderson
Centennial, CO, USA