Le 14/12/11 13:20, Michael Bogaerts a écrit :

Hi Michael,

Also; i thought that the tables were converted to ODF; but clearly
they're not when i read your comments...

Is there a way to fully convert an MDB to ODF without keeping 'links'???
because actually that's what i wanted to do in the first place...

If i need an older version to do that, no problem; i'll temporarily
install OO.O or so in a VM and do it with that, so that in my production
enviroment i'm permanently freed of this MS dictatorship...

The GUI way :

1) open the ODB file that points to your MDB file in OOo/LO(in a version
that works of course)

2) Create a new blank ODB file with the database creation wizard. You do
not need to use the wizard to create any tables, just the container.

3) Open this second ODB file for editing, click on the Tables icon in
the main ODB window.

4) Now, select a table from your ODB/MDB file, and drag/drop it into the
empty table workspace of your new ODB file window. A migration wizard
should start that will help you with the data and structure migration of
your Access table to a table understood by the HSQLDB engine used in the
native ODB container.

5) Be sure to check that both structure and data types are what you want
before allowing the data to be imported. Also note that some Access data
types are not supported by the HSQLDB engine. These fields havin a data
type definition that is not recognised will have <OBJECT> as their data
type or UNKNOWN or UNIDENTIFIED (I'm speaking from memory here, so don't
quote me on this last bit). For those data types, you will have to find
an approximate equivalent that is supported by HSQLDB, if indeed such a
type exists (checking beforehand would be wise).

6) Repeat for each table that you want to convert/migrate.

7) Save your new ODB file before closing the main ODB container window,
in fact, save it regularly anyway, as the ODB container is not a model
of stability (unfortunately).

Hope that helps,

Alex