At 14:35 04/12/2011 -0600, Jason Paul Joines wrote:
I'm using LibreOffice 3.4.4 on Kubuntu 11.04. I need to either create a vertical table or rotate an existing table. In table properties I noticed the "Text direction" option on the "Text Flow" tab. If I set it to "Right-to-left (vertical)", it gets close to what I need but the top of the font is to the right and I need it to be to the left. I can't seem to find any option to rotate an existing table. Any ideas?

Rotating the text has already been described. But if your table can fit a complete page or pages, there is an alternative: interpolating landscape pages in a portrait document.

o In the table, go to Table | Table Properties... | Text Flow | Text Flow (or right-click | Table... | Text Flow | Text Flow).
o Tick Break and select Page and Before.
o Tick With Page Style, and select Landscape (or your own landscape page style) from the drop-down list. o After the table, go to Insert | Manual Break..., select "Page break", and then select Default (or your own portrait page style) from the drop-down list.

When you print the document, you will get what you require.

The only problem is that any headers and footers will appear at the top and bottom of the landscape page, which are the sides of the page as rotated into a portrait document, and this is probably not what you would want. But it's easy to suppress headers and footers for that page, of course, which may suffice.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker