On 12/04/2011 07:37 PM, Jonathan Schultz wrote:
And here I thought you had an old nVida clunker like mine (NV25GL
[Quadro4 900 XGL]) :-)

Ah, Ok. I don't usually pay much attention to video cards, I'm not a
gamer, I hardly even watch videos, I just want my screens to work!

Perhaps giving the 173 drivers a try will resolve your issue - worth a try.

That's what I was using until recently. But the latest version of
xserver is incompatible with those drivers. Downgrading is one option
but I'm afraid of opening a whole can of worms there. And the nouveau
driver does work... almost.

In your other post you indicated that you were using the 71 drivers:
The video driver is from the package
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-legacy-71xx revision 71.86.15-1 with kernel
module built using nvidia-kernel-legacy-71xx-dkms revision 71.86.15-1

That is a different package/driver than the 173 and doesn't support the
upgrade xserver:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/nvidia-glx-legacy-71xx
and is the wrong driver for your card.

Try the Debian user lists to verify. Reason for pressing this is that
nouveau is still pretty experimental, and IMO not ready for anything
yet. If you file a bug in Debian they may be able to help. If you file a
bug in LO they may just say you have a crap video driver. Note: I
checked the LO bug list for possible related bugs & didn't find any. But
you might also have a look as well:
https://www.libreoffice.org/bugzilla/

Anyway thanks, I'll try filing a bug report as you suggested.

Welcome & good luck.

Cheers,
Jonathan