A reply for Proworks1

"
Tom -

First, my apologies for not answering sooner - I was out of town and did not
check email.

Second, the matter is fixed, and the answer was surprising. While looking at
my font files that I removed from the Library in column mode (file name,
date created, etc.), I saw that all my fonts in the user font folder were
date created in 1969! It seems the upgrade to Lion set the creation date to
this baseline. After changing the date to 1999 with Finder attribute app,
the problem was solved. I could then re-add the fonts to the user folder and
have had no problems.

I suspect the Lion arrangement in handling fonts will do this with old font
suitcases/holders. I eliminated some old freeware fonts that were limited in
use anyway, so the system runs much smoother.

For anyone having font problems of this sort, I strongly suggest checking
the creation date if nothing else works. I should have done that sooner.

Mike
"

I seriously doubt anyone would have thought of this so congrats for fixing
the problem!!
Regards from
Tom :)