Tom wrote:

You can always post it as a bug-report.  There is no harm in that.  People
don't need permission from the Users List in order to post bug-reports.
Just post it.

I think the guide suggests asking the Users List or other places first
just in case there is something we can do to help fix a problem.  As a
user you might find something that appears horrendous but is actually
quite trivial to fix.

I think you are possibly taking your first steps into being a dev.  It is
good to have ideas and argue them out because it often leads to either
innovation or a deeper understanding of why things are the way they are.
Either way it's a win.

I'm well aware of that, Tom ;)
You are preaching to the choir...
I know I can add Feature Requests to the Bug Tracker (which is absurd by
itself... all sourceforge projects have separate trackers...), but I think
my time is better used in helping LibreOffice users :)

Tom wrote:

Sadly most of us on this list have no idea about what issues have led devs
to do things the way they do.

And that is the biggest problem in this community: the separation between
the users and the devs.

Tom wrote:

 Also if you just suddenly pop-up on the devs list and demand they change
all their working practices they wont take it too kindly and may even
become hostile.

I'm also aware of that. That is why I unsubscribed from the Dev list. They
left it pretty clear that the Dev list is for Devs.

Regards,
Pedro