El 27/10/11 14:43, Stephan Zietsman escribió:
Harold Fuchs wrote:
I installed the new portable LO
(http://portableapps.com/apps/office/libreoffice_portable) on a USB stick.
When I try to run it, it complains that there is another copy running. It
seems that this is because OpenOffice's (non-portable) Quickstarter is
running on the machine. Of course, OOo's Quickstarter is running for
multiple users who happen to be logged on to the machine (Win XP Pro) so,
although I can kill mine, I can't kill the others.
I don't know much about multiple user logins, but the behaviour you
describe is obviously undesirable.  Just as a test, you could try to
open Task Manager (Ctrl+  Shift + Esc) and kill all the LO/OOo
processes.  I don't know the name of the quickstarter process, but the
"main" process(es) is/are usually "soffice.bin" and/or "soffice.exe".
There should be a tick-box at the bottom "Show processes from all
users"; can you see the other user's quickstarter if that is ticked?

Is it right that a *portable* version should be prevented from running by a
mere office application (not anti virus or lock-down software or parental
control or anything similar) installed on the machine? Is it right that a
*portable* program should be prevented from running by some process owned by
another *non-admin* user? Is it right that LO is interfered with by OOo? Or
is at least one of these a bug?
I may be mistaken but as far as I know, LO and OOo are not expected to
run at the same time (so I don't think it is a bug).  But if they are
both installed on the same computer, they should both work (though not
at the same time).  Same would apply to the portable version(s).

Why should I not be able to run LO and OOo at the same time on the same machine?
Anyone care to comment?

Regards
Stephan

The problem for me is with the portable version, I am now running at
same time LibreOffice 3.4 OpenOffice 3.4dev y OpenOffice 3.3
(Win7x64Ultimate).

Probably something is missing in the portable version to reduce the size
of downloaded file.

Miguel Ángel.