Linda,

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 12:23 +0100, Linda L. Hull wrote:

This is a different problem than the one that affects Windows versions.

I *had* 3.3.3
I deleted and all parts.

I downloaded several other things and have ended up with LibreOffice:  3.3.4
My computer is a Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop.

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

"Do you see the Dictionary .."
i have a blank box
No -> Go to that section of the tutorial: 4. There is no dictionary for my language

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364#p364
This url doesn't open for me.

tried: sudo apt-get install language-support-writing-en
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-l10n-common

Restarted - I still don't have red underlines or anything else.

I filed this bug report 3 days ago:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/871118

If anyone can help, Thank you!

Linda

According to Synaptic Ubuntu is supporting 3.4.3 now, you might try in
Synaptic updating LO. Also, you can select any available dictionary for
LO from Synaptic - you may need to a scroll a bit. I find searching on
Libreoffice in Synaptic lists all the packages installed/available if I
am in the All section.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com