On 10/11/2011 04:23 AM, Linda L. Hull wrote:
This is a different problem than the one that affects Windows
versions.

I *had* 3.3.3 I deleted and all parts.

I downloaded several other things and have ended up with LibreOffice:
3.3.4 My computer is a Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop.

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

 "Do you see the Dictionary .." i have a blank box No -> Go to that
section of the tutorial: 4. There is no dictionary for my language

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364#p364

This url doesn't open for me.

tried: sudo apt-get install language-support-writing-en sudo apt-get
install libreoffice-l10n-common

Restarted - I still don't have red underlines or anything else.

I filed this bug report 3 days ago:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/871118
According to your bug report you have 3.3.3:
~$ apt-cache policy libreoffice
libreoffice:
  Installed: 1:3.3.3-1ubuntu2
  Candidate: 1:3.3.4-0ubuntu1

You might update & check (I have, on 11.04, 3.3.4 and misspelled words
do have the red underline.

You might want to try with a clean user profile just to check first to
see if it is a profile issue. To do that, close LO and rename your
~/.libreoffice to ~/.libreoffice_back. Restart LO and that will build a
new ~/.libreoffice. If that works, then it's a profile issue. If it doesn't:

In the process of "I *had* 3.3.3 I deleted and all parts" you most
likely deleted a package involving spell etc. To put them back:

$ sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop^

Note the ^ at the end of ubuntu-desktop - be sure to include that in the
command. That command will go out and check what you have installed
against what was installed initially. You'll be able so see the checks
etc. For example:

libreoffice-base-core is already the newest version.
libreoffice-calc is already the newest version.
libreoffice-common is already the newest version.
libreoffice-core is already the newest version.
libreoffice-draw is already the newest version.
libreoffice-emailmerge is already the newest version.
libreoffice-gnome is already the newest version.
libreoffice-gtk is already the newest version.
libreoffice-help-en-us is already the newest version.
libreoffice-impress is already the newest version.
libreoffice-math is already the newest version.
libreoffice-style-human is already the newest version.
libreoffice-writer is already the newest version.

If you prefer, you can run the command in 'simulation' mode (meaning
that it won't actually install/update anything, but will allow you to
see what it would do if actually run. To do that:

$ sudo apt-get -s ubuntu-desktop^

If that doesn't sort it out, let me know & I'll be happy to compare
files with you.