Well, if the below article [link] is true, and long time "fans" of MS Windows do not like it, they might want to look into some replacement for it, like Ubuntu. At best though, then might live with Win8, but switch away from MSO in favor to LO. It is much easier to drop MSO than Windows and MSO. One reason why many people did not like MSO 2007 was the new "ribbon" design for its menus. I read an article that stated the menu system of Win8 will be a version of a "ribbon" menu system, making it harder to use if you want to do more than the "default" thinks being done with a tablet "pc". If you want to setup you desktop different than the defaults, you will have a struggle, compared to previous versions.

So if Win8 and the next version of MS Office are going to have some degree of "radical redesign", then LibreOffice will benefit from people leaving the MS market.

Also MS/ODF file format was never any good. They really do not want to use that open format, since they have their own. 2007 version of ODF is much worse than 2010's version, so I have been told. There was the Sun "filter", which I had with my last version of MSO [2003], and I was told it worked better than MSO's ODF version included. I wonder if you can use that "filter" with 2007? I has 2003 and that filter on an XP and a Vista laptops when I was running MSO with OOo. Have not used MSO for almost 2 years now, so I do not know how well things work with it anymore. I switched to Ubuntu and LO for my desktop and one of my two laptops. One Windows system was needed for one of my USB devices, but I do not have MSO on it any more.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/story/2011-09-30/kim-komando-windows-8-review/50608818/1

[quote]
"The mobile market gets a lot of attention, but the PC market isn't gone just yet. That's why Microsoft is plunging full speed ahead on the next version of Windows. What Microsoft is showing off so far looks like a radical redesign for the popular operating system. In fact, it's so radical it might turn off longtime fans"
[unquote]