On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 22:55 +0530, soumalya ray wrote:

while  saving into .doc , some formatting will be lost.i don't know how to
bypass it.may be somebody else will be able to provide a better answer.
by the way,does not office 2010 support .odt (1.1) too??????
regards,

I believe you are correct. I am almost certain that MS Office does not
support 1.2 though. To use this as a possible workaround you must "SAVE
AS" ODF format 1.1 (FILE>SAVE AS).