On Aug 29, 2011, at 16:12 , webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

Would you be willing to download/install 3.3.4 from http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?
I do not use the repository version, and I use Ubuntu 64bit 10.04.  You would need to install in
via the terminal, but http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux/ will walk you
through this.  No need to uninstall anything either.

Not ready for that yet.

I wonder if adding the language packs could help you?  You will need to go to 3.3.4, unless
someone has archived the "nl - Nederlands" pack for 3.3.3.  I do not understand Asian characters,
so I do not know if there is a Mandarin language pack listed.

I have the Swedish and Chinese language packs installed already.

You could also try this Dutch dictionary and see it it works.
http://libreoffice-na.us/English/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/Dutch_spelling_and_hyphenation_Dictionary--nl-dict-v2.00g____2010-09-22.oxt

:)  I take it you're confusing this thread with another about a problem with the Dutch language.  I
assume you mean Swedish.

As for the characters showing in LibreOffice - I am taking a guess here - could it be something
to do with the default font you are using for LO's Calc?  Format > Character should place you to
the dialog to set your default font.  I would make sure your font is set for the same one you use
in the other applications.  As someone who has worked with collecting fonts [over 100,000 of them
over the years] I find that many do not have some of the non-English characters that are common
in other languages. I would make sure you use a good Unicode font [like Arial Unicode] and see if
the problem goes away.

Good try but no cigar.  I always use the same font, and it has both the Swedish letters and
Mandarin characters.

//James