Just updated LO so noted my solution.
LO installs /opt/libreoffice/basis3.3/program/libcairo.so.2 with which I
get an error
/opt/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error:
/opt/libreoffice/program/../basis-link/program/libcairo.so.2: undefined
symbol: pixman_region32_init

So I rename /opt/libreoffice/basis3.3/program/libcairo.so.2 to
/opt/libreoffice/basis3.3/program/libcairo.so.2.install and let the
following already installed version of the lib take over.
/usr/lib/libcairo.so.2 -> libcairo.so.2.11.7

steve