Hi

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 09:52 +0530, soumalya ray wrote:

this reminded me my experience,not this much serious though.
while creating a presentation,i found LO unresponsive.i was a bit
scared.waited for few minutes and it was working again.later,i found that LO
was making a back-up copy at that time and hence the effect.dont know if
this is normal or not.and this happened only for the first
back-up.subsequent ones went without any problem.
LO-3.3.2,ubuntu lucid.
but the system itself was not hanged in my case;i used other apps
normally.no problem there

I have seen LO appear to hang when backing up very large document. The
computer was completely functional and once the backup was done LO
worked.

One other thing I noticed that could slow down LO is having record
changes on (EDIT >> CHANGES >> RECORD). It really slowed down find &
replace when on.