On 08/15/2011 06:41 PM, Simon Cropper wrote:
On 16/08/11 02:33, Twayne wrote:
What does "could of" mean in the context of your usage? It makes no sense.
Could "have" would make sense, but several times you said "could of".

Hello Twayne,

Thank you for your feedback, albeit off topic. I take your point and
will endeavour to ensure my colloquial tongue does not make it to the
page again.

I find it a bit pretentious though that you ask what is obviously a
rhetorical question - a gibe at the tail end of a lengthy technical
discussion - on an international mail list dedicated to discussing the
use of a particular program (rather than say a list that is discussing
'grammar' or 'English Usage') and personally I consider it bad etiquette
(akin to FlameBait [1]); a polite email to me privately would have
sufficed, if you actually did not know what I was saying.

In future, if you have the need to surreptitiously dress down someone
for a spelling mistake, a grammatical error or maybe an unusual writing
style, please refrain yourself from doing it. Participants on most mail
lists come from a wide variety of backgrounds and do not appreciated
being belittled in public.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_%28Internet%29#Flamebait

And don't forget to trim :-)