On 08/11/2011 06:44 AM, Dave Sergeant wrote:
On 11 Aug 2011 at 12:35, Charlie wrote:

How much experience of people had of Works import and does it actually
work, or is it as I seem to be finding rather buggy?

No problem here using V 3.3.3 running on Ubuntu (that's the latest
version for Ubuntu). See samples at
www.writersedgeservice.com/filebrowser/proposalsfiction.asp . Formatting
was fine.

Thanks Charlie for that. I have just updated to 3.4.2 to see if that
would change things, but it did not. And yes, I DO have the legacy
filters installed, which you need for the old .sxw etc formats but I
don't think they are needed for Works.

The documents on writersedge were in fact the ones I had found myself.
There are three .wps files on there, and these all open fine, complete
with formatting, bolding etc in MS Word Viewer.

In LO 3.4.2:
cad7593009.wps - opens blank, if I look at the properties pane it
claims it has 1 page with 0 characters.
fot4813409.wps and mot6312910.wps open correctly as plain text but all
the bolding, italics, paragraph indents, and other formatting is
missing. They look totally different from how they do in Wordview.

I wonder if it has changed between v3.3 and v3.4 or maybe it is a
Windows issue?
It's not a Windows issue... I've tested using OOo 3.2.1 (go-oo based),
LO 3.3.3, and LO 3.4.2 - all linux, and get the same results in 3.4.2.
OOo 3.2.1 and LO 3.3.3 opens cad7593009.wps (albeit without detailed
formating). So I reckon that you've found a bug - please file a bug
report using those files as examples.