LibreOffice 3.4 is advertised as supporting import of MS Works files,
but a search of the archives of this list shows very little about it. I
have a colleague who has a rather large (66Mb) .wps file with loads of
pictures that he wants to open on his Mac, and I suggested LO as an
easy way.

A quick play with my own LO (3.4.1) on Windows XP was inconclusive. I
found a few sample .wps text documents on the web. Two of them opened
OK, but had no formatting. The third opened as a blank document. A .wdb
spreadsheet that I had been sent in the past also opened as a blank
text document.

How much experience of people had of Works import and does it actually
work, or is it as I seem to be finding rather buggy?

Dave

http://www.davesergeant.com