Hi :)
Yes, i liked the suggestion for just installing AbiWord.

Gnome Office only has a few components but they are good and the AbiWord
component seems to be exactly what Partha Chowdhury (= the OP) needs.  I think
it's good when communities work together like this.  I'm not sure that AbiWord
allows you to easily set the default formats to MS Office ones (ie .doc or
.docX) which is one reason i prefer Writer but the native OpenDocument Formats
are more secure and are the same for Gnome Office, LibreOffice/OpenOffice,
Google-docs and many more too :)
Regards from
Tom :)