Today could reproduce the problem in Win7 running in Virtualbox on a Mac. As
recommended I have produced two screenshots and a pdf file that can be
downloaded at http://db.tt/klaLw5R.

The first screenshot is in the normal editing view and the second one is in
the slide show mode. As you see the compressed subscript the also survives
into the pdf file.

Please tell me if I you think I should file a bug report, or if it should be
handled in a different way.

Best regards,

Mårten