Hi :)
Have you tried NeoOffice for Mac?  Also which version of LibreOffice are you
using?  The 3.3.3 should be the best but the ultra new 3.4.2 is worth trying.

To install more than one version of OOo, LO or NeoOffice this guide might help
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel
to prevent them clashing

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)