Bob, the META-INF/manifest.xml file should be a text file.  Why do you think it is a binary file?
It should be in a META-INF folder where you extracted Experience.zip.

The manifest.rdf file is encrypted (so it looks like binary).  That is not the one that matters.
In fact, one of the first things we need to do is remove it from the document and from the
manifest.  There are other parts of the document that are unnecessary and that we can remove as
well.  With any luck, it will be one of those that is corrupted.

NEXT STEPS:

Take a look at META-INF/manifest.xml.

We can attempt to repair the manifest.xml file without seeing the rest of Experience.odt.  We can
send modifications back to you and you will need to try using them to replace the
META-INF/manifest.xml, re-zip the document, and see if it then opens with your password.  It may
take several tries, and we can still fail.

This should prevent any of the personal, confidential information from leaving your custody.  If
you are able to open META-INF/manifest.xml, you should see that there is no personally-identifiable
information in it.

Because manifest.xml might be damaged, you might need to put it in a Zip file all by itself before
sending it to anyone.  That is more likely to pass through e-mail without further damage.  Then it
can be examined, any corrections attempted, and returned to you with instructions about how to
include it into an extraction and put the extraction back together as a document to try opening
with your password.

 - Dennis