I'm trying to make a small base with a couple of forms to view and add data.
For instance, I have a table "Objects" and it has two fields "location" and
"assigned to" of type INTEGER, because they are linked to ID fields of
tables "locations" and "people" respectively. It is inconvenient to enter
digits in table editor, so I wanted to make a form which will show linked
values instead. Normal thing, just like in MS Access.
I created a from, modified columns "location" and "assigned to" to be
comboboxes, and that's it.
1. Can't find where to select which column to use from a linked table. Good
to me is that I have only one column in each of these linked tables. But
there should be an option somewhere, maybe I just can't find it?
2. Now I have "location" combo showing proper content, while "assigned to"
does not show anyting. The only reason I can think of is that in linked
table "locations" the needed field is called "location", the same as in main
table. And in second linked table the needed field is called "person" and
not "assigned to". I'll try to rename it to have equal names but that is
somewhat inconvenient. Again this leads to Q1 - how do I select a column,
from which I take linked data?
3. Even though "location" shows linked data correctly in combobox, when I
select anything I just get a 0 in the field. I really want to keep seeing
linked data and not ID or whatever integer there is. And I don't understand
why it puts 0 whatever I choose in the box.

Pls hlp. =) Thank you!