Le 28/07/2011 06:02, JeepNut a écrit :
Have been having significant trouble keeping LibreOffice Writer running.
Lost a pretty important file recently and some helpful soul had suggested
there should be some sort of logs being generated during these events.
I'm one of those users who knows enough to make him dangerous, HOWEVER, I
think I have found the log files being generated when this puppy gags.
There are several of these all during the time frame that the software kept
crashing on me the other night.  These files are all similar if not exactly
the same and seem to be giving me the idea that the problem is related to
Java.  I'm not sure just how Java is related to the LO suite, but the well
of what I don't know is a deep one.

I'm going to make an attempt here at attaching the file for review by anyone
who might be able to help.
Thanks!

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3205545/hs_err_pid4845.log
hs_err_pid4845.log

This file is indeed the crash log of your Java virtual machine.
I suggest you to give a try to the vanilla version of LibreOffice :
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

If you do not want to remove the Ubuntu version of LibO first, then
install vanilla version without the libreoffice-debian-menu package.
Then you will have to launch LibO by using the command line :
/opt/Libreoffice/program/soffice  (version 3.3.3)
or /opt/libreoffice3.4/program/soffice (version 3.4.1)

Usefull to know : http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel

Best regards
JBF