On 07/27/2011 12:04 PM, Steven Shelton wrote:
[,,,]

It would help to know what OS you're on and whether the file is a self-contained ODB file or if it's accessing an externally-served database.
OS = Kubuntu Linux 11.04
The db is a self-contained ODB file. I just fire up LO Base and use what it give me.
I run a fairly large database (much larger than the one you're talking about) on Windows XP without any problems, and have for years. However, I do not have it as a self-contained ODB file; I use LO/OOo as the front-end
OK. this I understand, but...
and serve the database using hypersql.
This is do not understand. I thought HYPERSQL was the default db engine. You say you're using it to server ANOTHER db? why not access that directly through Base? Am I misunderstanding something (entirely possible)?
I found that doing it this way dramatically speeded (sped?) up the process.
You don't way what your external db is, and I'm curious about this.
You might try converting over to that model. I have heard that H2 DB is actually a bit better for this purpose and that it's not tremendously difficult to convert over to H2 from hypersql
This is an interesting option, and I'm thinking that later today I'll install H2 and set up a test to see is the problem I'm experiencing vanishes. If not, then it's MYSQL, I guess.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tom