On 2011-06-30 11:07, planas wrote:
Ross

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 15:35 -0700, Ross Bernheim wrote:

I am running Libreoffice 3.3.2.2 on a Mac.

I can export data to a Libreoffice spreadsheet and from there to a database table in
Libreoffice.
When i then go to file-new-labels. It will let me put in the database, table and database
fields.

Problem is that the format section will not let me select the right label.

I want to use Avery A5444 labels. I downloaded the template for the labels from Avery's
web site. My printer is an old NEC SuperScript 870 which runs an emulation of an HP series
2 laserjet. It always prints to the left edge of the paper tray. The labels feed in the center.
Yep,
problem.

I opened the Avery template and did a save as a Liberoffice document and edited the paper size
to 8.5 inches wide and set the left margin at 2.25 inches which centers the label correctly for
printing.
I checked by entering some test text in the document and printing.

I then saved the document, after deleting the test text, as a Libreoffice template.

The template does not show up as a selection in the format section of the labels dialog.

How do I get my modified template to show up and be usable?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Ross

Ross Bernheim
ross@evactron.com

Try opening a new document from a template. I am not sure on a Mac the
path. When open one of my personal templates I have to open a folder
called my templates. I believe you will have something similar.

I use Linux primarily.

Hi.
I just tried the following in writer but not sure if it is what you want.
I went File>New>Labels.
Then I set the parameters of my label and clicked "Save" and saved as
Brand = Steve, Type = Label1
I could then use my own designed label as a New label. May be you will
need to create the label format this way instead of a template from
their site.
steve

I was hoping that I could use the Avery template that I modified. But it looks like your
suggestion might be easier at this point. It does mean that each time I want to use a
different label that is not one of the few pre-defined ones in Libreoffice, I must go through
this each time to "create" the new label.

Thanks for your help.

Ross