webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com>
writes:

On 06/22/2011 09:21 AM, lee wrote:
Asterix<noreply@documentfoundation.org>  writes:

In all the different Linux distro's I installed none seems to support the
synonym function.

There are packages in Debian testing you can install to add support for
quite a number of languages in LO.

There´s the package "mythes-fr" that seems to provide the thesaurus for
French, for example.

Is that the way to get OOo New Thesaurus? or is it something else?

I think installing this package is one way to add thesaurus support to
LO in Debian.

There are openoffice-* packages depending on the mythes-* packages
described as intermittent packages to support the switching from
openoffice to libreoffice:

,---- [ lee@yun:~$ apt-cache show openoffice.org-thesaurus-fr ]
| Package: openoffice.org-thesaurus-fr
| Source: openoffice.org
| Version: 1:3.3.0-10
| Installed-Size: 152
| Maintainer: Debian LibreOffice Maintainers <debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org>
| Architecture: all
| Depends: mythes-fr
|  This is a transitional package, replacing the OpenOffice.org packaging
|  with the LibreOffice packaging.
|  .
|  It can be safely removed after an upgrade.
| [...]
`----

This is a MySpell system and I have a Hunspell spellchecker installed.

You have two different spell checkers installed? Can you use both with
LO?

I download the .deb I found for the mythes-en files, and installed it.
I did not see any difference.  I did not reboot my Ubuntu 10.04 system
though.

Rebooting shouldn´t be required; restarting LO should suffice. I don´t
have any thesauri packages installed, so I don´t know. I´d expect them
to just work out of the box.