Just found the solution to this one, too. Another piece of obscurity which, once seen, just works.

1. Place focus on grid form.
2. Click the "add field" icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the window; it's the blue/green thingie that's 6 icons in from the left (why the hell don't these things have names in their tooltips? arrrrrgh!) The fields in the table attached to the grid form should appear in the "add field" modal window. 3. Do NOT click on a field in the window, unless you want the field to appear as a text box control on the form itself, outside of the grid (which IS useful). To get the field that is NOT in the grid to appear there, click and drag it to the top of the grid where the other table column field names are to be seen.

The field names in the top border of the grid form behave like the field names in a query/view construction window: You can move them around with your mouse. Slick.

So...all's well for me with this db...at least for a while.

T.