On 17/06/11 3:51 PM, protonpusher wrote:
Another update. First off, in response to Jean-Francois, I checked, and there
are no special characters in the share name or server name.

I also have some more test results. Using two computers (Old Toshiba
Satellite, and desktop) I ran the Live cd for both Ubuntu 10.10 (has OOo),
and Ubuntu 11.04 (has LO). The results are not surprising.

On both machines Ubuntu 11.04/LO, LO was unable to save to the network
share, and unable to open files on the network share through LO using the
save and open commands. Opening files does nothing, saving files produces
the error listed above.

On both machines Ubuntu 10.10/OOo worked just fine. I could open and save
files just fine to the network with no problem.

For what it is worth, to mount the network share I use Nautilus. I go to
Network, find the network drive (MYBOOKLIVE), and open it. It has several
shares, and I double click to open one, and the share then appears on the
desktop. The share is also then available on the list of places I can open
and save to from within LO (it just fails to actually open or save)

At this point I am sort of stumped. It does seem like a bug though.

Hi. Run the live CD of Ubuntu 10.10 and install LO. This will then tell you if it is Ubuntu related or LO related.
steve