I am having a problem saving documents to a share on a network drive. When I
attempt to save a file in Libreoffice to a network share I get the message:

Error saving the document Untitled1:
General Error.
General input/output error.

In the error message the document is always called Untitled1, no matter what
I attempt to call it. Also, if I attempt to open a file on the network share
through Libreoffice, nothing happens: the file does not open, but there is
no error message.

The system is Ubuntu 11.04 on a pc, and the version of Libreoffice is 3.3.2.
The drive is a Western Digital MyBook Live. I can view the shares, and if I
double click files in Ubuntu they will open in Libreoffice fine. I can also
save modified documents to shares on the network drive (can't change the
name though, or I get the above error message) . I tested saving files with
Simple Scan, and it could save new files to shares on the drive with no
problem. Also, I have an old Mac Powerbook G4 with Ubuntu 10.04, and
OpenOffice. The G4 can open and save files to the shares on the drive with
no issues. I think this is a problem with Libreoffice on my machine.

Any though on how I might get Libreoffice to communicate a bit better with
my network drive? Thanks