Roxy Robinson wrote:
I have a 15 page spreadsheet of classmate addresses, phone numbers, email, etc. I "manipulate"
this information in several different ways to give my classmates different kinds of
"directories". Anyway, their names are in the first 3 columns. This particular spreadsheet is
going to include ALL the information on each person, will be printed on legal sized paper in
landscape format, so I need a little more room to contain everything on the width of the page.
So (SEVERAL TIMES) I have merged the cells in the first 3 columns. This contains the parts of
their names, and allows me to conserve enough room to get everything on the width of the page.
But every time I close LO, and then come back to work on this spreadsheet, the cells are no
longer "merged". They will not stay merged. I haven't gotten all the way through the spreadsheet
- at one time - to merge the cells. Would the "un-merged" cells that are left in the 3 columns
keep the ones above them from staying merged, or am I doing something wrong? I just don't
understand - time after time - I merge them, come back and they are no long merged??????????

Hi Roxy,
just a quick question:  could you let us know what file type you are
using for your spreadsheet?  Ods, xls, xlsx, xlsm etc?  From your
posts, I suspect you are using either xls or xlsx (long time MSO
user).  It's possible that the merge information is lost when saving
or loading the file, depending on the format.  I think this info might
be useful for filing a bug report.

Regards
Stephan