On 2011/06/02 4:35 PM  PLO wrote:
The real point is that the list subscription information that is appended to
messages does not constitute a signature, and so should therefore not be
appended to messages preceded by a cutline. A simple series of dashes or an
continuous underscore above the list information to separate it would
suffice and wouldn't interfere with the author's signature. As I said, not
the end of the world but...
Many lists I subscribe to include subscription information preceded by a sig delimiter. This keeps the info from being repeated multiple times in the replies to the posts. In a long thread you could have the same info 10 or more times in one reply.

A lot of people do not use signatures. The appended info would not be deleted if it did not include a sig delimiter. Thunderbird deletes everything after the first sig delimiter in a post. It seems that The Bat only recognizes the last sig delimiter.

You are the first person I have seen complain about this on any of the lists I follow.

Please feel free to email me off list if you want to further discuss email
clients, but I don't think a Thunderbird vs The Bat! and everything else is
what this topic is about. Well, I certainly didn't intend it to be about
My apologies. I misread something on The Bat's website. I took "The Bat! Home Edition ... it is an ideal solution for common users who do not demand extra features." to mean it was a basic e-mail program. I can't check it out, however, since it is Windoze only.

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas