________________________________
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Sun, 22 May, 2011 10:27:41
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Writer - envelope printing format problem

On Sun, 2011-05-22 at 10:07 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
I wonder if it's possible to change the default position in LibreOffice so that

it fits with an individual's requirements.  I would guess that using templates

might help with letters?  Labels are a different issue.

A template is a good solution, both for envelopes and for sticky labels,
if your printer doesn't play nicely with the supplied choices.

Tom, you mentioned tiny fonts from mail merge: is that in LibreOffice?
You should be able to set the default font for labels. I'd have to look
up how, because I don't print mail-merged labels. It's possible it's
mentioned in the Mail Merge chapter of the Writer Guide; I don't recall.

Jean

Hi :)
Errr, no.  All those problems were in old MS Offices.  The font-size issue (and
probably the other problems) 'is' still an issue in MSO 2007.  I haven't tried
any mail-merges in Writer from the Access database at work.  I just thought my
work-arounds might be the quickest answer for the short-term giving time to get
a better answer for next time.

Regards from
Tom :)