Hi :)
LO creates menus itself in Ubuntu, both from the repos and from the ppa but i'm
not certain about the download.  There was a package to integrate LO better into
the Gnome DE called

libreoffice-gnome
Presumably there is soemthing similar for other DEs such as KDE but i'm not sure
it's this package that sorted the menus for me.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)