 I thought most of the image problems had been addresses since LO came out,
but it seems I jumped to a conclusiong:

I have a bunch of reports with only Header Cells containing useful data;
these were Outlook generated reports. So I used PaintShop Pro to copy the
headers of each page (13 pages) to disk, and then Inserted them into
LibreOffice 3.2.2.
   I am running LO 3.2.2 on windows XP Pro fully updated.
   For the first couple of Inserts, regardless of where I put the cursor,
the images went atop one another. I added another paragraph mark between
them (making it 2 between each Insert) and things seemed to work a lot
better.
   Then I discovered that I was adding TWO paragraph marks for each one I
added: One after the most recent Insert, and another up after the second
Insert. I didn't notice that until I had all 13 inserted so I don't know
just when it started.
   Done inserting, I noticed the 11 extra para marks after the sedond image
I'd inserted. I couldn't delete them at first, then discovered they could
only be deleted in order from bottom up.
   THEN I discovered that some of the LAST Inserts had gone missing! I found
a couple overlaid on another one, got a few of them back, but not all of
them.
   I ended up with the first three inserts and the last three inserts
looking OK, but everything in between was  missing! (4,5,6,7,8,9,10 were
missing).
   The only text in the file was on the first line, a description of what
the 3-page document contained.

This is rather easy to duplicate, but I quit in disgust and fired up MS Word
to make the file I needed; it worked fine as long as I kept enough space (1
line vertically) between each insert.

If anyone wishes to duplicate this and submit it for bugs or whatever, feel
free. After my last experience in OO.o and the Issues list I've sworn off
using it until/unless something better comes along. I know that sounds
snotty, but it ended up being a collossal waste of my time & effort four
times in a row and that was enough for me.

Description of the Inserts:
.jpg; full page width; 3 nearly full pages in LO, 2 (actually 1 1/4 ) in
Word. But the point is, the images each used up the entire text area
horizontally and about 5 lines vertically.

LO had very noticeable and long pauses with each Insert after the first 4 or
5.  Word's response was nearly instant. I know LO isn't Word; I simply used
it for the comparison value against the 30 seconds or so each insert took in
LO before the page settled to anything useful.

After saving the file in Word, I used LO to open said file. LO was still
missing some of the middle Inserts as before and some minor, correctible in
this case of only 13 objects, misalignment where it sometimes adhered to the
default para indent and other times did not.
   I allowed anchors to go to the default locations which seemed to be the
para mark in the blank line that preceded the Insert.

It was also quite a pain in the neck because for every Insert in LO, the
cursor reverted to the top of the page so I had to scroll to the end every
time I Inserted.
   Not only that but LO (and OOo) never remembers where I last went to
indicate the path to the file I was using; I had to go back to the root and
drill down to the directory that held the Images. THAT is a pain in the
neck!

This isn't enough to push me away from LO but it was/is disheartening as a
whole when you consider "normal" problems like not remembering my last-used
directory so I don't have to constantly drill down to the one I'm using to
get images from, and especially problems with the multiple images as
described in the first part.
   BUT, this experience DOES mean that I still cannot dispense with MS Word
or any of the Office products at this time.
   I'm only a light but knowledgeable user of Calc, so it's OK as far as
I've used it.
   The other programs don't excite me a lot, but since I don't use the MS
versions I've never done anything but play with them enough to see that I'm
smart enough to use them if/when I do need them.

 My GOAL is to quit using MS Office 100%. If/when the right drivers and
replacement programs arrive, I'll also be able to do away with the windows
OS but ... alas, I don't think that'll happen very soon. I have one app that
will never run on anything but MS and hardware/software without drivers for
some rather expensive equipment. I can't afford to replace the hardware and
search about monthly for drivers but it's always futile. I've discussed it
with a couple forges but they both said not to hold my breath.

IS there any setting I should look at to alleviate the problems with a page
or more of images?

No response is really necessary. I place this here in the hopes someone who
is used to using the Issues software to submit it. I claim no ownership to
this e-mail or anything in it should someone verify this information and
submit it.

HTH,

Twayne`