Hi :)

I'm not complete sure what you mean.

1.  a)  You can open the presentation in LibreOffice?
     b)  as ppt?
     c)  as odp?
     d)  When you save from LibreOffice both formats work in Impress?
     e)  When you save from LibreOffice both formats work in PowerPoint?

2.  a)  You can open the presentation in PowerPoint?
     b)  as ppt?
     c)  as odp?
     d)  When you save from PowerPoint both formats work in Impress?
     e)  When you save from PowerPoint both formats work in PowerPoint?

The pps format is the same as ppt but should open as a slide-show rather than in
edit mode.  You can even just rename a ppt file to pps to change what happens
when you open the file.

Since you are running this on Windows have you tried doing basic maintenance
such as defrags? (Avoid the MS defrag tool as it can occasionally (rarely but
still) cause problems in Xp and earlier, i've not tried it in Win7 or Vista).

I am not sure if the 32bit version of LibreOffice can run on a 64bit OS.  Can
you try it?  I went back to a 32bit OS because 64bit seems too much trouble tbh
but it's not really possible to make that kind of switch in Windows obviously.
Regards from
Tom :)