All,

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 12:05 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:

Hi :)
There seems to be an assumption that MS Office would be un-installed or that
people would be forced to stop using MS Office and that the change would have to
be implemented 'overnight'.  None of that assumption is valid.

People could and probably would continue to use MS Office but would gain access
to the extra functionality offered in LibreOffice.  This is much the same as
Adobe Acrobat Writer which office workers are often expected to install or
upgrade in order to read pdf.

Pdf is dominant on websites as THE way that documents are available for
download.  Often there is a download link nearby in case anyone has not got the
latest version.  People seem to consider it completely normal to have to
download and update Acrobat but it doesn't stop them using MS Office.

Regards from
Tom :)