On 16/04/11 9:43 AM, Sascha Vieweg wrote:
On 11-04-15 22:27, Ken Springer wrote:

On 4/15/11 1:06 PM, Sascha Vieweg wrote:

 Hello, being an extensive user of LibO rather than iWorks or
 MSO on my Mac (OS X 10.6.6), the (only) one thing that tempers
 delight is the "blurred" unsharp display of text in documents.
 Currently, I am writing rather long reports for my work, and I
 employed Latin Modern Roman (version 2 or so) 11pt as the main
 document text. (I was playing around with many more fonts,
 just to mention.) However, whatever font size, document zoom
 or user interface zoom I use, the only one usable fonts are
 the ones from the DejaVue font family -- yet, also here the
 display is far away from a clean sharp display as I can find
 in Pages or MSW. I was just wondering whether there is
 upcoming development on that issue (obviously only a Mac one),
 or if there is simple tricks to make fonts display clear,
 sharp, and reader-friendly. Thanks for comments and tipps.
 Bests, *S*

I was going to try your font here, iMac with 10.6.7, but I don't have it on my system.

Is it a free font that can be downloaded from somewhere? If I did download, it would have to the exact same file as you are using.

Side by side, the LO blank page seems to be slightly grayish, where the Pages is white. That may account for some of the difference.

I used Times Roman, 11 point, and couldn't tell any real difference.

From a cynical point of view, be glad you are not using Windows. LOL They used to have a lousy screen display, I don't know why. I had older computers and operating systems that far exceeded the Windows display. I haven't paid enough attention lately to know if they've solved that issue or not.

You can download the bundle of Latin Modern Fonts at:

http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/latin-modern

There is a Wiki on DejaVu Fonts, here:

http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page

However, both font families were installed on my system, I guess, Latin Modern through MacTeX and DejaVu through LibO.

I have a macbook pro 13", 10.6.7, and all my fonts are sharp in LO 3.3.2, even on the small screen. Can you use the application Grab to provide an illustration of the blurred text. Have you got "Use LCD font smoothing.." ticked under System Preferences>Appearance
steve