On 4/13/11 1:51 PM, Andy Brown wrote:

What setting are you using for the export? How exactly are you exporting
to PDF?

:: sigh ::  Now, it works.  I have absolutely no idea why, just a thought.

A timeline...

After I wrote the earlier post, I went back to the computer to try various settings in editing the hyperlink and the PDF export, to see if I would somehow stumble on to the cause, and then consistently recreate it.

But before I did anything, I noticed Microsoft Security Essentials was scanning the computer. This computer is old and slow, so I closed Reader and LO.

And went for a two mile hike!   LOL

When I came back and read your message, I went get the export information you requested.

After loading the document, I checked the settings for the hyperlink, and noticed there were forward slashes in the path, and I would have thought they should have been backward slashes.

Using cut and paste, I copied the path to the directory window I wanted to open, and when I clicked apply I discovered LO changes it to forward slashes. But I said, "What the heck, let's see what happens." I exported as a PDF with no changes to the settings, opened the PDF in Reader, and the directory window worked like I wanted.

And when I hovered the mouse over the link, nothing. No popup showing the path of the link.

I have absolutely no idea where or what the original issue is/was. Just some thoughts:

        1.  Perhaps the manual editing of the hyperlink accessed some obscure bug.
2. Could it be the scan by MSE somehow caused the problem, maybe not directly but indirectly. I have no way of knowing when MSE started it's scan, as I wasn't watching the clock. 3. Was there something found by MSE that was causing the problem? I don't know, MSE did not put up any report window after it finished it's scan. Checking the History in MSE disclosed nothing found in today's scan.

I just don't know, but it works!

Maybe it was my "magic fingers"!   : grin :

Ken