Windows XP Home, all updated.
Libre Office 3.3.2, tag LibreOffice 3.3.2.2
Adobe Reader 10.0.1

I've created a Writer document that contains a hyperlink to a directory on the hard drive. I want the hyperlink to open the directory when you click on it.

When the hyperlink in the .odt file is clicked on from within Writer, the directory window opens as I wish.

In Reader, when I click on the link, I get a message that Reader either doesn't allow the file to be accessed or it can't find the file. That seems to be dependent on the format of the link in LO.

My first attempt at this caused Firefox to open an FTP directory listing showing the files. That, at the core, is what I want, but I want the listing in a folder window on the desktop.

At this point, when I hover the cursor over the hyperlink in Reader, the link shows "D|" instead of "D:" that I would expect.

What am I missing? Is this an LO issue with PDF export, or an Adobe Reader issue?

Ken