Hi.
I was following the discussion on sharepoint.
I am developing some guidelines for our users for use of LO to minimise loss of data.

How does LO handle and store files across networks, what happens if the network goes out partway during a save.
When the file is opened is the whole file cached locally for editing
Is the file saved as file.odt.part and mv file.odt at the end or is the file held open and written by block. What happens with a time save backup, is that local or remote (although no good for .docs as it doesn't work)

I am presently apprehensive about editing a file across the internet that may sit open, especially a largish file and tend to recommend.
Opening files on the local server for editing and saving is ok.
Files to be edited from a server remote across the internet should be copied to your local HD, edited and copied back across the internet.

Does the sharepoint extension being discussed address these issues and would it be applicable to any Webdav server. (I have no intention to connect to a sharepoint server but could be interested in a webdav situation

Cheers,
steve