Hi Gordon,

At work I'm forced to use outlook but at home I use evolution and for my
calendar events, when I get calendar invitations in my outlook at work I
forward them to my home email address and evolution imports them seamlessly
into the evolution calendar. This works very well but I have not tried
sending an invitation from evolution to outlook. I might try that and see
what happens.

But I think you are touching on an area that all office suits including MS
have a long way to go in developing industry standards. I guess that while
ever Microsoft refuses to talk to the rest of the industry in respect to
standards we will always have a situation of "there is MS and here is
everyone else".

As for thunderbird , the best thing there was it's crashing led me to
discover evolution which I find to be light years ahead of thunderbird
except that the windows version is still in it's infantsy and runs extreemly
slow on my old windows xp laptop and as I have no intention of ever using
any other version of windows ever again for as long as I live I no longer
care about any software for windows. Bring on the alternatives I say. And
the more the better.

Bruce Carlson
Business Systems Manager.

117-153 Rookwood Rd