On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Arda Tunccekic <arda@duzen.com.tr> wrote:
I don't really care about the extension but *many* people use docx.
It's not something specific to me.

I hear you.

Thank you for your advice but you get funny when you say "It's coming,
sooner than you might think."
I like LO, I appreciate the developers and I'm so willing to install LO
everywhere I can and I'm fighting in my company with people but i'm nearly
alone with this here.

I take it from your email address that you are in Turkey - the LO
change is beginning more in Europe than elsewhere, but I truly believe
that the days of proprietary software are numbered, and MS had raised
more than a few hackles all over the world, although they are also
very good at providing international support - that's what happens
when you have billions to spend on such efforts.

I'm not denigrating any OSS efforts at all by this, especially not LO
since TDF has performed what could well be considered a miracle in
getting LO out in less than six months (!).  I'm just saying....  The
for-profit mega-corporation will fight going down every millimeter of
the way.

But I know they want it working good, they want it to be compatible with doc
and docx format and they don't want to face bugs like I told yesterday.
When anything goes wrong, they want to give up, they want to go back to mso.

MSO is for wimps.  We just need to make all OSS a little
wimp-friendlier while also educating the timid and weak.

I think your efforts to persuade others to move to LO are quite heroic
given your situation.  Don't give up - bugs like the one you hit will
go away, probably faster here than elsewhere.

Thanks for your perspective.

PS: Please don't top-post....  :-)

[Oh, crap!  I used a smiley!  I'm doomed now.... ]-;