On Mar 1, 2011, at 13:13 , webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

On 03/01/2011 05:50 AM, James Wilde wrote:
On Mar 1, 2011, at 04:48 , NoOp wrote:

On 02/28/2011 06:52 AM, James Wilde wrote:
On Feb 28, 2011, at 00:50 , NoOp wrote:
<snip>
Thanks, NoOp.  I decided to google on it, and discovered that I was
lacking a repository in my Synaptic.  Fixed that last night, and now
I have LioB installed.  Must just update it with the UK, Swedish and
Chinese dictionaries and stuff.
Please do not take this the "wrong" way.  Would you let me know what dictionaries are installed
with the UK and Swedish versions of the language packs.  There should be only one for the UK but
Swedish has a version for Finland as well.  I found that one while I added my list of all the
"known" dictionaries on the last three-quarters for the extension page for the North American DVD
project.
http://www.lungstrom.com/libreoffice-dvd-project/LibreOffice-disc-North-American-DVD/extensions.html
I am wondering if the Swedish pack installs the thesaurus, spelling dictionary, and the Finland
version.  I found these as separate add ons and wonder if the spelling dictionary and thesaurus
shows up separately in the Extension Manager.

I just got a "bug" in me about the dictionaries for LibreOffice.  When I "tested" it on my Vista
laptop [which I rarely use for "office suite work"] I used the "all language" version and
installed 5 or more extra languages.  It seemed that I got a dictionary for the entire language
list in the custom install.  Not just the languages I installed, but the whole list.  I am glad
that we get to choose language packs with Linux, but my Ubuntu desktop keeps giving a dependency
error for a .deb that I have installed but it wants en-GB instead of the file name en-gb.  So I
cannot check out what Linux installs.

Is there a wrong way to take a request for help?  ;)

I'll be happy to do what I can if you can tell me where and/or how to look.  I fired up my ubuntu
box again, and the best I could find was a list of files in the various language packs, and a
number of .deb files which dpkg -l refused to do anything with.

On my Mac box I have apparently moved or even re-moved the packages I downloaded.  I have, however,
opened /Preferences/Language Settings/Writing Aids, and all I can find under User-defined
dictionaries are:

AM-english [English (UK)]
Personal English [English(UK)]
Personal Swedish [Swedish (Sweden)]
standard [All]
oracle [All]
soffice [All]
IgnoreAllList [All]

I have earlier been told that the Chinese language pack does not include a dictionary, which
perhaps explains the lack in this list.  But it does not appear that I have loaded a Finnish
dictionary.  Come to that, the Swedish one appears to be a Personal dictionary, which I assume to
mean it consists of words that I decide to add if the search can't find them.

Actually I'll d/l the Mac versions from the LibO site and see if I can expand them and let you
know.  And I daresay I can d/l the linux versions, too, and see if there is any difference.

//James