On 02/27/2011 04:41 AM, pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:
Depends on your version. For Maverick and earlier, it's not (AFIK) in
the repos...still using OO. For Natty, I believe the change has
already been made to LO, but, for sure, it's been announced that LO
will be in the final release.

For now, down load the LO package for your processor (32/64 bit) from
the LO site, remove OO packages via Synaptic or the Software Centre,

Paul, it is not necessary to remove OOo when you install from the
libreoffice.org deb packages. In fact, I'd advise against it so that you
can easily compare the versions and/or fallback to (U)OOo if you have
issues.

LO will be installed in the /opt directory and will create it's own
~/.libreoffice/3 profile folder. No folders/files are shared with Ubuntu
(U)OOo when installed this way. (U)OOo are installed in the
/usr/lib/openoffice/ directories and the profile is ~/.openoffice.org/3.
It is only when you install the PPA version that you need to uninstall
(U)OOo (also you can still keep a standard OOo in /opt with no issue).

Note: if you wish to install the standard OOo debs at the same time as
(U)OOo, modify the (S)OOo /opt/openoffice.org3/program/bootsraprc file
to change the profile from ~/.openoffice.org/3 to ~/.openoffice.org3/3 -
that way you won't have issues with running both in parallel.