Thank you for the help. I do know that the Java 1.6.0_24 update came through about the same time as I did the LibreOffice upgrade. So it may have just been coincidence that I had the problem with LibreOffice 3.3.1 and not 3.3.0.

I completely uninstalled Java 1.6.0_24 and unchecked the Partner software source. I actually had several of those. However, when I go back to find sun-java6-bin using synaptic it isn't there. I did do a refresh of the repositories before I tried to find it. I would appreciate knowing where you found it.

Thank you.

Don